Friday 30 June 2017

Hello Winter | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! Popping in today to share my latest design team project for Cocoa Vanilla Studio with you. Last week the team were sharing their season inspired layouts on the CVS blog, so today I have my own winter themed layout to share using the 'Wild at Heart' collection.

"Hello Winter"

Winter where I live isn't very "wintery" compared with many other locations where the temperatures truly plummet; but when our temperatures do begin to drop here I am always excited at the prospect of pulling out my jackets, scarves and boots (even when our daytime temperatures are still hovering around the 20 degree Celsius mark!)


To help give my page a winter feel, I decided to keep largely with shades of blue, white and grey (with a couple of tiny pops of pink to lift it). I mainly used the 'Wild at Heart' collection for my layout (with a couple of 'You Rock' papers thrown in). For my background I chose the fabulous wood grain pattern side of the Artisan paper; which I topped with 3 circles cut from the specialty vellum sheet. To give my background some extra depth and to tie in with the colour of my jacket in the photo, I then added some vibrant blue watercolour paint around some of the circles and in the space between them. For this I used a Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dust (Duke), which I mixed with a small amount of water and applied with a small brush. (The Duke colour was the perfect match for my denim jacket in the photo!)


Next, I created a layered mat for my photo to sit on; which consisted of pieces cut from several 'Wild at Heart' papers (Mariposa; Patchwork; Double Dot and Memento); and two 'You Rock' papers (Galactic and Random). I also added a paper doily and some frayed gauze to my layers to help soften them, and provide some subtle texture.


To add further depth to my layers, I tucked in a frame from the die cut ephemera pack, which I cut in half and placed under either side of my photo. Below the photo I added a small banner (also from the ephemera pack); and to help draw the viewer's eye in, I added an arrow from the chipboard accent stickers alongside it.


Also from the chipboard sticker sheet, was the word hello I used for part of my title; then I completed it by using the stitched denim 'Hello Sunshine' alphabet stickers to spell out winter. As butterflies are such a gorgeous feature of the 'Wild at Heart' collection, I couldn't resist adding some. (Who can say no to butterflies, right?) I added one chipboard butterfly, as well as two fussy cut butterflies (which were cut from the 'Mariposa' paper).


I finished off my layout with my handwritten journaling; a few stamped phrases; and some splatters of Colour Blast Colour Spray.
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project to share.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: