Monday 8 May 2017

Wild @ Heart | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone! Popping in today to share my latest design team creation for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the Wild at Heart collection. For this layout, I opted to scrap a recent photo of my hubby mountain climbing. I must admit, seeing photos of him like this fill me with a mix of happiness, pride and fear. First, I am happy that he is doing what he loves. Second, I am proud that he is out there pursuing his hobby and getting better at it with every climb. But I can't help the fear - mainly because he is a "free climber" and doesn't use ropes.


I started this page with the gorgeous Artisan paper as my background. (I so love the beautiful watercolour effect and quirky hand drawn accents on this paper!) I then created a mat for my photo using a piece of the Memento paper. I trimmed it to make sure the phrase "aim for the stars" was showing just above the photo.


To help make my photo pop, I mounted it up on some cardboard and then added two woodgrain photo corners from the die cut ephemera pack. I then added the I just can't get enough (you don't know how true this is of him!) phrase sticker from the accessory sticker sheet.


To help frame my photo, I created clusters at two of the diagonally opposite corners using layered pieces of ephemera, messy cotton thread and a few Sparkles enamel dots. I used foam mounting tape to lift a few pieces and help give some dimension. I also added a fussy cut butterfly from the Mariposa paper nearby.

Given the "nature" theme of this photo, I wanted to include some wood veneer pieces for natural texture, and I couldn't go past using the collection name from the wood veneer words pack as my title. The cute little cloud I used was from the Endless Summer collection.


To finish off my page I added a small cluster in the bottom left corner of my page using a label, sticker, wood veneer heart and anther fussy cut butterfly. I then added some small phrase stickers from the sticker sheet around my page and I was done.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: