Sunday 2 April 2017

The Boys | Scrap the Boys April Challenge

Hi everyone! Back today with another design team layout to share, this time for Scrap the Boys. The theme for this month's challenge is based on the following photo, which is about "boys helping out"...


I found a photo of my boys helping dad out with the dishes and created this layout...

"The Boys"

Besides the theme of the challenge, you can also see where I took inspiration from the colour in the photo. I did a bit of stash-busting for this layout, using some Echo Park patterned papers I have had for a while.
Because the patterns on the papers were quite bold, I decided to start with a white cardstock base, and just cut pieces of paper for my design. I placed them in such a way as to still leave enough white space for the eye to rest.


I used pieces from the cut apart paper, as well as another piece of patterned paper, layered behind my photo. I also added some frayed gauze and navy cotton for texture.


To embellish my layout, I kept it relatively simple, using a few D-lish Scraps wood veneer pieces alongside some fussy cut pieces from the papers. I used few tiny staples and a wooden peg to help attach some of them.


I finished my layout with handwritten journaling; some stamping; and a few splatters of navy mist.

That's all from me today. Don't forget to stop by the Scrap the Boys blog for the full challenge and prize details; and to see what the rest of the team created.
I will be back soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: