Saturday 4 March 2017

Be Free | Colour Blast

Hi everyone! Popping in today to share my latest design team project created for Colour Blast. Today I have a 12x12" layout that features a recent selfie I took before heading out. (Note to self: always take selfies when dressed up with make up on, you are more likely to scrap them!)

I started this layout with a sheet of Cocoa Vanilla Studio patterned paper from the 'Love Always' collection. The paper features a beautiful black and white floral print, which meant I was able to choose any colour I wanted to customise it, so I went with a punchy pink!


I started my page by colouring my background. I mixed a small amount of Lollipop Colour Shimmer Dust with some water in my palette, and then used a water brush to apply it. I then adhered my patterned paper (which I had trimmed down to 11x11") onto a sheet of black cardstock to form a frame.


I then layered some pink tissue paper and a paper doily (both from D-lish Scraps) to form a mat for my photo. I also grabbed a couple of D-lish Scraps wood veneer pieces (my be free title and a frame) and painted them using the new Colour Blast black heavy gesso. I was really happy with how smoothly it went on, and the coverage was so good they didn't even require a second coat!


The phrase stickers I added were Blackboard Sticky Quotes from Flutterby Designs. The gorgeous butterfly was one of several pieces of "paintable" Heidi Swapp ephemera I added to my page. These were all painted with Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dust in midnight. (I gave each piece two coats of colour, as I wanted to ensure they looked really black.)


To the left of my photo I clustered together another piece of the ephemera; a Charms Creations heart; a Flutterby Designs flair button and some messy black thread. I also added another Blackboard Sticky Quote directly onto my photo.


That's all from me today. If you haven't tried any of the Colour Blast products yet, then I highly recommend you start with some Colour Shimmer Dusts - they are so much fun to use and very versatile!  (You can pop over to the store HERE)
I will be back soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

This is lovely! Love the pops of pink and gorgeous photo too!