Thursday 16 February 2017

Yum | Colour Blast

Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share the latest of my Colour Blast creations with you. Today I have a 12x12" layout that features Colour Paste and one very chocolatey cake! I made the cake for my daughter's 8th birthday last year after she specifically requested a "minion cake". I have been sitting on these photos for a while, but as soon as my design team package of Colour Blast goodness landed on my doorstep, I knew exactly what I was going to use with them!


Doesn't that Colour Paste look good enough to eat? (And believe me, my kitten thought it did! haha)

After prepping my background with Heavy White Gesso, I used Sunshine Colour Shimmer Spray, which I applied like a watercolour paint by tipping a small amount out of the bottle and then painting it on using a wide brush.


After the spray had dried, I grabbed my Colour Pastes (I used Leather and Sunshine) as I wanted to play on the colours in my cake photos. I applied it roughly with a plastic palette knife as I was aiming for the paste to give the appearance of frosting that had been smeared across the page. (You can see how I scraped it back in parts to allow the Colour Shimmer Spray I had applied first to come through.)


It is important to note that the Colour Pastes dry to a richer and darker colour than they first appear in the pots. Look at the beautiful, vibrant colour once dry (and tell me that gorgeous texture doesn't look like chocolate!)


After the pastes had dried, I also added a few black splatters using my Colour Spray in Road Base and then proceeded to add my photos and embellishments.


I added a couple of gold frames that I had cut on my Big Shot using gold glitter paper, as well as some gauze and a mini paper doily under my photos to create some layers and add some alternative textures.


I used "paintable" Heidi Swapp ephemera pieces which I added some subtle colour to using a brush dipped in my Sunshine Colour Shimmer Spray.


I pushed the chipboard Thickers I used for my title straight into the wet Colour Paste and allowed them to dry there.


I added a D-lish Scraps flair button to the corner of my photo, with some messy cotton thread underneath it. The "I'm having a Martha Moment" stamp is from Viva Las VegaStamps (of course!)


Look at those layers and all that rich colour and shine! Very happy with the result of this one.

Thanks for stopping by today (especially if you made it through all those photos!). I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: