Monday 6 February 2017

Oh Hi | Scrap the Girls February Challenge

Hi everyone! I am very excited to be sharing my first layout as a member of the Scrap the Girls design team today. The February challenge is a sketch, which looks like this...


Of course, I decided to put my own spin on the challenge; and despite doing a relatively good job sticking to the sketch itself, I couldn't help but have a little fun by throwing a bit of a "masculine twist" on my first girly layout.

"Oh Hi"

I had a lot of fun creating this one! I started with my background, which I used a Colour Blast 'Stormy Weather' Colour Shimmer Spray for. I simply tipped some out of the bottle, added a little water to dilute it, and then applied it with a wide brush across my page. I then used some Colour Blast 'Steel' Colour Paste and applied some random smears around the place to start building some texture. Next, it was a bit of stamping, using a couple of my new stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps; then a good drizzle of Flutterby Designs white Flutter Colour paint.


Once all the mediums were dry, it was time to add some more texture.
I recently had to retire my fave pair of jeans (well not really retire, but I did hack the ripped legs off and turned them into shorts), so I thought I would re-purpose some of the denim on this layout in place of using the smaller photos.


Then it was time to embellish! I added lots of pieces of die cut ephemera (from an older American Crafts Shimelle collection); and a few snippets of black punchinella and wood veneer pieces (both from D-lish Scraps).


I then added the boys will be boys flair button; star paperclip; a couple of acetate pieces; enamel star shapes; scrabble tile and a woodie, all from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. It was quite a random assortment of items and I love how they have all come together on this!


To finish my layout, I added some black and red splatters; handwritten journaling and stamped the date.

This month's sponsor at Scrap the Girls is Kit the Habit, so make sure you get your entry linked up before the end of the month to be in the running for the prize. And in the meantime, visit the STG blog for lots more inspiration from the new team.

Til next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful. that photo is hilarious!!