Wednesday 22 February 2017

Love Every Minute Together | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!
I am popping in today to share my very first layout using the new Wild at Heart collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I am IN LOVE with this collection, it really is even more stunning in person than it appears in photographs! The whole collection boasts such beautiful tones, and add to that the floral and watercolour elements, plus a heap of gorgeous butterflies...let's just say making the first cut into any of it was hard! ;)

I DID manage to cut into it though, and I paired it with a couple of selfies I took of my daughter and I together recently just before we went to the theatre.


The most difficult part of using any new collection is knowing where to start - there are just so many beautiful things to choose from! I started with the papers I wanted to use for my background. I chose the Double Dot paper and used the B-side for my base sheet. I then used the beautiful blue watercolour side of the Mariposa paper and I tore it (yes - tore!), so I could layer a piece over the top. Along the top edge of this piece, I used one of my border punches to punch out a contrasting decorative strip from the B-side of the Luscious paper.


I used two frames from the new chipboard frames pack to frame the photos I wanted to use and set them aside. I then created a layered mat to mount them on using more of the Luscious paper, along with some of the navy floral vellum sheet and a paper doily from my stash.


I added some fussy-cut floral pieces from the Luscious paper that I used around my page. I nested one of the coordinating flair buttons on top of one of them, along with some messy cotton thread for texture. Along the edge of my decorative strip I added a couple of stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet.


For my title "love every minute together", I used two pieces from the cut apart Fussy Cuts paper. I also cut the large butterfly from the same sheet. (I love the butterflies in this collection SO much!)


In the bottom corner of my layout I added a few phrase stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet; another butterfly (this one is from the Die Cut Ephemera pack); some more cotton thread and a few Sparkles glitter enamel dots.


To finish off my layout I stamped the date and added a few splatters of navy mist.
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I will be back soon with another project for you.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Rosemary Hanson said...

Sue, this is just gorgeous!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't want to cut up such beautiful papers!!
I have some of the collection waiting for me in my craft room and this is motivating me to get in there and get started!!