Saturday 22 October 2016

Wish | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!
Popping in with another design team share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio today, but this one with a bit of a twist. This month Cocoa Vanilla are sponsoring the challenge at Creative Scrappers, so our design team were invited to play along too. We were sent a fabulous sketch designed by Kristine Davidson and asked to create a layout inspired by the sketch. (You can find the sketch and challenge details on the Creative Scrappers blog HERE)
Here is my layout...

"Wish"

I used the new release Make a Wish collection for this layout. (I know I have used it quite a bit lately, but it's so fun and easy to use - I am loving it!)

I started with a sheet of the gorgeous dainty floral print Daydream paper as the base for my layout, which I topped with a piece of the pink watercolour print from Hip Hooray. I then created a mat for my photos using the pink polka dot Party Mix paper, which I complimented with some extra pieces cut from the Fresh Cut floral paper. I also added a paper doily and a tab from the accessory sticker sheet into the layers under my photos.


As I had altered the sketch and decided to work with only two photos, I used the oh yeah piece from the cut apart Party Mix paper to fill the remaining space alongside my photos. Below that, I placed a tag from the die cut ephemera pack, which I tied with some cotton twine and used for my journaling. This was layered with a wood veneer birthday cake, and a couple of stars from the ephemera pack. To add to the fun feel of this layout, I also added a party hat from the wood veneer pack above one of the photos.


To tie in with the wood elements I had already used, and to also help balance my design; I used the wish word from the wood veneer pack as my layout title and then some phrase stickers from the accessory sticker sheet to support it. I also embellished directly onto my photos - using a large star die cut and a word banner sticker.


To finish off my layout, I added a few sparkles enamel dots dotted around the page, and some stamping using a happy birthday phrase stamp.


Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget if you would like to play along with this challenge and be in with a chance of winning yourself a Cocoa Vanilla prize, you can visit the Creative Scrappers blog HERE for all the details. (We would love to see you all joining in with some Cocoa Vanilla creations!)

Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: