Tuesday 9 August 2016

Together | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!
Just popping in to share the first of my layouts using the brand new Love Always collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This collection is almost too pretty for words - full of gorgeous pastels mixed with neutrals; soft accents and tons of delicious embellishments. It is an absolute delight to create with!
I created this page whilst away on retreat recently (and seated next to the CVS boss lady / designer herself, I might add - just for that extra pressure! haha) As this is a romantic collection, I decided to use one of my favourite older photos of Shannon and I, which was taken near the end of 2007, when I was about 12 weeks pregnant with Brielle.


I started my layout by using the Frolic paper as a background to form a border. (And yes, I cut the middle out to use in my layering!) I then used the beautiful soft watercolour side of the Class Act paper over the top.

I almost didn't know where to start when it came to embellishing this layout, because there are so many delicious things to choose from in this collection! I knew I wanted to keep it relatively clean and simple to allow the photo to shine, and I also left some space for journaling (which I added after photographing, because it was quite personal.)


Here in my cluster you can see I have layered together some die cut ephemera pieces, a puffy sticker and a flair button, which I nested on some cotton thread.


I added a doily into my layers under my photo for some extra detail, and alongside that you can see one of my absolute favourite things from the Love Always collection - a butterfly from the vellum accents pack. The vellum accents are a new embellishment to Cocoa Vanilla, and they are simply divine!


For my final cluster, I again used ephemera pieces, which I layered together using foam tape to add extra dimension to some of them. I also added some of the tiny word stickers from the accessory sticker sheet to highlight my sentiment. Alongside the ephemera, you can see some of the gorgeous new enamel dots - sparkles.  And finally, that ombre vellum heart from the vellum accents pack (I think I would use about a million of these hearts, given the chance! haha)

If you are wanting to purchase your own stash of Love Always, you can check the Cocoa Vanilla stockists page HERE to find a retail store nearest you. Alternatively, you will find there is also a list of wonderful online stores (from all over the world) where you can find Cocoa Vanilla products.

Finally, if you would like to see your local store stocking Cocoa Vanilla Studio, then make sure you tell them about it!

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful layout Sue..