Friday 17 June 2016

Show Us Your Stuff June Challenge

Hi everyone!
Wow! What a busy month it has been so far!
Last weekend I was lucky enough to spend four days at the Brisbane Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo working for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. It was so lovely to meet so many of my online scrappy friends in the flesh and I exchanged many hugs in the time I was there. One of the things I love most about this craft is it has brought me so many treasured friends. I am sorry to those I missed, I will put you down for a rain-checked hug for next year! ;)

Here are a couple of my favourite photos from the weekend...

(The Cocoa Vanilla expo team from left to right - 
Zoe Pearn; me; Tarrah McLean; Raquel Bowman; Amy Little and Mandy Miles)

(Zoe & I at the stand just before they let the crowds in on day one)


Now, I better get onto this month's challenge for Show Us Your Stuff. This one has been (deviously) developed by team member Janet Bott, and it looks likes this...


And here is my take on it...


I used lots of my abandoned items on this layout - coloured cardstock; flat paper flowers, pearls, rhinestones, buttons, a pin, twine, tulle...and the colour purple! (OK, technically that's not an abandoned item, but I don't use that one often! haha) 

I also went a bit AWOL on the sketch after I rotated it and started sticking things down, but if you look hard enough you will see I did start with good intentions. (Let's face it, sticking to sketches isn't my strong point!)


For my handmade item/s I used a Flutterby Designs flair button; Charms Creations heart; Burdy's Embellies chevies; and my own die cut glitter frames.




I am fairly happy with how this layout turned out, especially with the fact I used so many items that I had neglected for so long. Why don't you dig deep in your own stash and see what you can find that you've abandoned? You might surprise yourself with how you could make it useful again!
And if you do, be sure to enter the Show Us Your Stuff challenge. Entries are open until 30th June and there is a prize from The Resin Rainbow up for grabs! 
Happy scrapping! X

2 comments:

Amanda Baldwin said...

Such an awesome layout! Love the colours, those cute pics and that stenciled background! Just STUNNING! !!

Lizzyc said...

Oh yes Sue, I owe you a bear hug next year for sure! It was a great day down ther last Saturday! I must get in and use some cv goodies! This layout looks wonderful, love all the bits and bots you have used.. Very cool photos too! Have a great weekend!