Thursday 3 March 2016

Show Us Your Stuff March Challenge!

Hi everyone! Back again to share another design team layout with you. (Are you sick of me yet? haha) Today I am sharing my take on this month's challenge at Show Us Your Stuff, which is a sketch challenge designed by Chloe Nielsen.
Here is the sketch...


And my take on it...


As you can see, I rotated the sketch by 90 degrees to suit the photo I used, but (for once) I stayed fairly true to the actual design. In addition to the sketch, you must also include at least one handmade embellishment. (It's not hard - I managed to include three on mine!)

Here's a closer look...


You can actually see all three of the handmade embellishments in this cluster - a glittered foam polaroid frame (which I cut in half and used under each side of my photo) from Rainbow Splendour; flair button from Cocoa Vanilla Studio; and a handmade bird pin I bought from a friend a few years ago and discovered in my stash.
The remaining embellishments (die cut ephemera; flowers; resin flower; enamel dots) are all from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Life is Beautiful' collection.


I decided to create this long title instead of journaling, so I used a mix of Cocoa Vanilla die cut ephemera pieces and alphabet stickers. To the left of the title you can also see one of the gorgeous new doilies I got from D-lish Scraps layered under my photo. These doilies are stunning - one of my new favourite items for sure!


More 'Life is Beautiful' flowers; resin flowers and a sweet little bow combined to create the other cluster alongside my photo.
To finish the layout, I stamped a phrase using an October Afternoon roller stamp; the date; and also splattered some navy Heidi Swapp Color Shine around the page.

I hope I have inspired you to join us this month at Show Us Your Stuff. (Who doesn't love a sketch challenge, right?) Even better that the prize this month is from Rainbow Splendour! If you haven't seen Chloe's fabulous goodies then check out her Facebook page HERE and tell her I sent you.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: