Sunday 20 March 2016

D-lish Scraps March Projects!

Hi everyone! So organised this month - it's time for a re-cap of my D-lish Scraps design team projects for March.

First up, is this masculine layout that was featured on the D-lish blog yesterday. It features my two cheeky boys (of course) and I love how it turned out!


I used papers and some die cut ephemera pieces from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Made of Awesome' collection, which I complimented with lots of gorgeous D-lish Scraps embellishments.


Here you can see a chevron print 5x7 paper bag and some tissue paper left over from a recent Just Add Paper kit in the layers under my photo collage. Along the top edge I used a handmade stitched garland I had been hoarding from a previous JAP kit.


My main cluster used a number of left overs from previous Just Add Paper kits - die cut viewfinder; die cut journal pieces; flair button and the mini photobooth prop (flag). I also added the arrow paperclip and pearl heart cabochon from my D-lish stash.


My favourite part of this layout is definitely the Dusty Attic chipboard title pieces and the wood veneer stars. All of these pieces were altered using silver embossing powder, and I love the metallic look it has given them.


Next, was my absolute favourite piece for the month - a layout I created for one of my best friends birthday. I gave this to her framed (and yes, she loved it!)


I used the Maggie Holmes 'Bloom' collection papers and 'Open Book' ephemera pieces from Crate Paper for this one, which I combined with lots of D-lish Scraps embellishments.


In this cluster you can see one of the stunning new 6" lace paper doilies; a wood veneer frame (these come in a pack of 4); handmade D-lish glitter and vellum teal feather; a gold sequin bowprinted wood veneer butterfly and some D-lish Dots enamels.


More D-lish goodness - D-lish Dots; a Corbett Creations rose wood veneer (from a previous Just Add Paper kit); a flair button and a gold glittered scallop trim (also from a previous JAP kit).


Another Corbett Creations wood veneer piece, which I nested on a dip dye printed tag tied with twine. Below this, is a gold glitter heart pick (from a Just Add Paper kit) which had also been wrapped with twine. Along the top edge of my layout is a Journal Its Minifetti strip.


And my final layout - my take on this month's Inspiration Board Challenge. (You can find all the challenge details and how to enter on the D-lish Scraps blog HERE)


Almost all the embellishments I used on this layout came from this month's coordinating Just Add Paper kit. I also gave my watercolour paints a workout - first, to create the background; and then to colour the wood veneer pieces (the sun and title). 



(Patterned papers and stickers used on this layout are from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.)

That's it from me today. (Thanks for hanging in there through all those photos!) If you would like to get your hands on any of the embellishments I have used you can find them in the D-lish Scraps store HERE.
Cocoa Vanilla Studio products are available in their online store HERE
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: