Monday 1 February 2016

Scrap the Boys February Challenge!

Hi everyone!
Well here we are in the second month of the year already and I am kicking things off with my first design team share - this one is for Scrap the Boys. This month we have a sketch challenge for everyone and it looks like this...


And here is my take on it...



I love how bright & fun this layout is! I used lots of Amy Tan goodies - papers, ephemera, wood veneer pieces, stickers. (I thought it was high time I made a dent in my stash!)


I also used a flair button from Flutterby Designs, which I nested on some black thread.


I loved this quote from the cut apart paper, although I did cross off the "don't" with a Sharpie so it fit with the theme of my layout. ;)


Not everything on this layout was from Amy Tan. The large Kraft tag and some of the small wood veneers are by Heidi Swapp. I also added a few enamel dots and some splatters of black Heidi Swapp Color Shine.


I do hope you will play along with us at Scrap the Boys this month! Link up your entry via the Scrap the Boys blog before the end of the month to be in the running for a fantastic prize!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Louise Turner Scrapbooker said...

Love what you've done and the story behind it! Now please tell me how I can get my twin boys to cut down on washing ... LOL