Wednesday 24 February 2016

February D-lish Scraps Layouts!

Hi again everyone! (I know, so soon.) I have quite a few projects I am yet to share here on my blog, so I thought I better get stuck into it.
The layouts I am sharing today were both part of my February design team work for D-lish Scraps.

"My Handsome Boys"

I love this photo of my boys and I taken at my 40th birthday party last year. I created the layout using many of the pieces from the January Just Add Paper kit from D-lish Scraps (Although the kits are now sold out, at the time of writing this there was several of the kit bits still available separately for purchase in the Just Add Paper kit section of the store HERE)

I started with the sheet of cool woodgrain patterned paper by American Crafts and added some blue watercolour paint to it. I then added some depth using the Scrap FX Hash Stamps, phrase stamps, stencils and ink.


I created the layered mat for my photo using the black punchinella from the kit, a chevron print 5x7 paper bag and more patterned paper. I used the die cut frame, cotton twine, flair button and wood veneer moustache from the kit to create a cluster; and added an arrow paperclip to my photo.


I used one of the journal bits from the kit to add the date and details, which I topped with a little pearl heart cabochon. The title was created using the wood veneer title from the kit, a cute little moustache charm and some Cocoa Vanilla Studio alphas from my stash.


Along the lower edge of my photo I clustered together the die cut film strip and smile photo prop pick wrapped with more of the twine (all from the kit); and I added an extra heart flair button and a wood veneer frame.
I finished the layout with some splashes of navy mist and a scattering of D-lish Dots enamels.


"Shine Bright"

This layout was created based on the February "Sweet Nothings" Inspiration Board Challenge. (There are still a few days left to enter, click HERE for full challenge details.) I used the coordinating February Just Add Paper kit for most of the embellishments. 


Here you can see a few of the items I used from the kit - white paper doily and XOXO tab tucked into the layers behind my photo; pink heart pick, which I wrapped with some of the cotton twine; and a flair button which I layered on top of the doily journal spot, along with some gold metallic thread from my stash.


I loved the gorgeous gold glitter scallop trim from the kit (which I cut into two pieces in order to spread it further); I also used the paper flowers that came in the kit. From my stash I added a Pearl Cabochon 3D heart and a good sprinkling of pastel mix sequins.


More flowers from the kit - this cluster included a white paper azalea and a peach fabric mini heirloom flower (both by Green Tara). Finally, I added the printed date ticket journal spot and then trimmed the edges of my layout with some torn spotted washi (both items also from the kit.) The gorgeous papers and additional die cut pieces used are from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Free Spirit collection.

That's all from me today. (If you made it through to the end, thanks for hanging in there!)
I will be back with more to share soon. Til then, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

lovely layouts, very masculine first layout with the back ground textures, and such a sweet pretty second layout with cute embellishments!