Saturday 11 April 2015

Scrapping boys...with pink!

Just thought I would pop in and share a layout that was I was commissioned to do for last month's issue of Scrapbooking Memories magazine. (I actually scrapped this layout back at the end of October!) The challenge that was presented to me was to scrap a masculine layout using pink. Not one to shy away from a good challenge, I wholeheartedly embraced it, and made sure the shade of pink I used was really pink! ;)

I started by searching for photos of my boys that had some pink in them, so it gave me a reason to tie the colour in. I found some from Brielle's birthday, when the boys had watched her unwrap all her presents and then excitedly run off with all the Barbie things.

Here is my layout...

{Papers by Kaisercraft; Teresa Collins; Simple Stories; Little Yellow Bicycle}

As you can see, the layout is very "busy", with lots of details to look at. I deliberately designed it in this style, as I figured the easiest way to incorporate the pink would be to use lots of layering and use other colours & neutral tones to break up the pink and prevent it from becoming too dominant.

I didn't have any trouble thinking up a title for this layout. I sourced a pic of the Barbie logo and printed it out. I am glad I did, I think it not only adds the extra pop of pink, but makes the layout colour choice much more logical. 


Here are a few close-ups...

{Lovelybug Bits n Bobs fabric button; D-lish Scraps flair}

{Another Lovelybug Bits n Bobs fabric button and lots of luscious layers!}

{Photo cut out tab from Flutterby Designs}

So there you have it - a boy layout using pink! I am pretty happy with how this one turned out! :)

4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful, those photos are cute! And well done on being published too!

Sar said...

I love it Sue, too cute!!!

Heather McMahon said...

This is fabulous Sue! I saw it in the mag and thought you nailed a pretty tough job. I love the straws and the story behind the pics.

yyam said...

Oh wow. This is really pretty! I love the amazing details here! Congrats on being published!