Saturday 28 February 2015

Scrapbooking Top 50 February Challenges

Talk about last minute! I found myself at a bit of a loose end today so decided to do a challenge. I found this cute "Love" themed mood board at Scrapbooking Top 50 so thought I would give it a go...


The first thing that jumped out at me was the red, white & black colour combo, along with the pop of glittery gold; I also drew inspiration from the doilies, the word 'love' and of course, hearts.

Here's what I came up with...

{Papers by Prima Marketing}

Given that these are not the usual style of papers I scrap with, I was pretty happy with how this layout came out. Here's some close-ups...

{Flair, flowers and gold doily from D-lish Scraps}

{Large flower from Manor House Creations, other flowers from D-lish Scrapsdie cut by Shimelle for American Crafts}



I wasn't the only one scrapping today - my 6 year old daughter Brielle was also busy. She spotted the kids challenge that had also been posted on Top 50 and insisted on having a go (her first ever challenge!) The kids challenge was to create a layout and include at least one heart.

Here is her layout...


She says "this layout is about my birthday party last year. I used the scrapbooking stuff mum and dad gave me for Christmas. Mum cut me some hearts and I chose green glitter paper".

I think she got enough hearts on there! So proud of her efforts. (I had to help her by cutting the paper to her specifics, as I usually cut with a ruler & knife and I don't trust her with that yet!) The design is all her own (but I do think I can see some influence of my style in her work). :)

Thanks for popping by! (If you do happen to leave any words of encouragement for Brielle, I will make sure she sees them, thank you!) X

2 comments:

KerrynF said...

Both gorgeous pages, love your B&W photo with the red and gold.

Chloe said...

ohh wow, two talented scrappy ladies here!!!!
Sue, your page is beautiful ... love the pops of gold and the rich colours ... beautiful family photo too :)
Brielle - your page is so happy and colourful! I just LOVE the cake you had for your birthday!! I love all the sparkle on your page (can never have too much sparkle!)
Thanks to both of you for playing along this month!!
(Hope you will give this months challenges a go too! :) )