Monday 1 August 2011

My August Monthly Challenge!

The August monthly challenges have been posted up at Scrapbooking Top 50, and my challenge this month is a colour challenge. The challenge is to either use the colour combination of blue & yellow OR pink & green, but you also have to "tone it down" by using lighter shades to give your LO a soft look. In addition, you also need to include use of a punch (or die cut shape if preferred), and at least one messy medium (such as ink / paint / mist - of course, I used all three!)

Here is my sample LO...


I used Echo Park 'Country Drive' pps from Handmade By Suzanne for this LO - *sigh* aren't they gorgeous? To add to the 'soft' look I was trying to achieve I also used paper doilies, book paper & paints to create the background. When it came to the embellishments, I kept it very simple with a beautiful handmade flower from Joyful Blooms, bird pin from Treens Trinkets and some paper flowers & leaf.


4 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Yes the papers are so pretty and blue and yellow together is just gorgeous. I love that blue flower and the bird and how cuuuuuute is that photo. I like the flowers in your hair.

Chloe said...

LOve this page Sue! the added embellies are so so cute ... i really like this challenge and it's on my 'to do' list :-)

Angela said...

Your page is beautiful Sue! so soft & pretty. The photo is gorgeous too :-) I'll pop over & check out all the challenges.

Wendy said...

Hey Sue! Its been a while but just been checking out your recent work!
Really love this LO the colours are beautiful and the photo is gorgeous!! Will try not to MIA so much!!! xoxo