Tuesday 5 April 2011

My SBT50 Monthly Challenge!

As the end of last month was quite busy for me (see previous posts), I had little time to prepare my monthly challenge for Scrapbooking Top 50. Lucky for me (or is it unlucky for me? LOL) I had the work sitting around that I did for my (unsuccessful) DT application for My Little Shoebox. So I decided to turn one of my LO's into a sketch and run a sketch challenge. (It's the first time I have designed a sketch, so please be kind!) I am super excited to see what people do with my sketch, so if you would like to have a go and perhaps win a great prize, then head over HERE. In the meantime, here's my sketch...


And here is the LO that started it all...


I was pretty happy with this LO, as I soooo love to scrap like this - bright colours, whimsical, with lots of handcut & layered elements (hence why MLS is pretty much my fave manufacturer). Besides all the MLS goodness, I have also included some gorgeous crochet flowers from Lime Tree Creations and one of my own Lovelybug Bits n Bobs fabric buttons...


I'll be back to share the rest of my rejected application submissions later!

5 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Oh this is sooooo cute. I love that face. I am about to post a LO today of my DD with that grumpy face. I just love the embellies around the frame.
Love your sketch too.

Kim said...

oooo this is so much fun Sue, I love you combined different elements and textures,a dds to the whimsical feel!

Unknown said...

ahhhh so so so very pretty.....you did an amazing job and I LOVE that sketch! Keep trying...you will eventually get there! xx

Paula said...

Fab sketch, looking forward to doing this :) absolutely love your layout...so cute & bright!
Thanks for your comment on my blog...hehe itching to scrap atm, nothing wrong with my mojo, just the bloody body playing up ;)

krissie said...

Hahahha... love the 'rejected layouts' comments.... they are FABULOUS!! So colourful and really detailed. Love your work. xoxo