Saturday 12 September 2009

My First Ever Class!

Last month I was honoured to be approached by Victoria from Scrapbooking Top 50 to teach an online class. Having never taught a class before, I immediately starting crapping myself, wondering what on earth I could possibly share with all the talented scrappers at SBT50. I thought long and hard and decided that I would focus my class on a specific technique. But which one??? A look at my recent LO's (along with much discussion with my fellow DT member Vicki) answered my question...layering. One of my favourite recent LO's was based around this technique and its one I not only enjoy doing, but also love the effect it gives. (And it's so easy!) As Fathers Day was fast approaching and with no idea what to give my dad, I figured that I may as well make dad's present the focus of my class and thus kill two birds with one stone. My class had not only become a class on layering, but was now an OTP project with matching card!

Here's what I came up with...

Here is a close-up of the layering detail on the frame...

Last night was the big night, and I am looking forward to (hopefully) seeing some people's creations based on the class. Thanks to all my online friends who popped in to chat with me and for their lovely feedback! All the instructions for my class can be found here. (And yes, my dad LOVED it!)

3 comments:

Anthea said...

OK- I know I didn't create anything....but I will try - I promise. Had a heap of fun chatting though.....;)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Layout and Card Sue. Absolutely love it and the laying is brilliant.
Tracy :)

Anonymous said...

Great project, Sue! It looks fantastic. I may have to give that one a go as I plenty of butterflies, thanks to the new cuttlebug die and embossing folder set i bought on the weekend, oh and the glimmer mist! :0